Divisional Director – Property and Major Programmes
The best of London in one borough
From Canary Wharf’s skyscrapers to the vibrant East End, Tower Hamlets is full of colour, contrasts and potential. Here, you’ll find incredible cultural and social diversity as well as a melting pot of creativity and enterprise. In short, it’s no ordinary London borough. It’s the best of London in one place. With this incredible backdrop, you’ll be inspired to make your mark.
In the heart of the capital, we need to ensure that the best use is made of our property assets and the new capital build projects are of high quality, well-designed and sustainable. This role is critical to deliver our vision for Place and our community leadership role, setting an example for the borough in creating a place where people want to live and work. As Divisional Director for Property and Major Programmes you will be responsible for capital investment and appropriate governance for programmes totalling over £1bn, leading all property, landholdings and leadership of the Tower Hamlets FM function.
This is a key role leading our service and the council to go over and above, every time – meeting statutory requirements and achieving at pace, sustained improvement in performance, whilst creating a lasting legacy for the borough. Your inspirational leadership will make this possible and create a service that meets the needs of all our communities, businesses, residents and visitors. As well as leading managers, you’ll give high-level advice and make sure the team works in tandem with evolving systems.
At the heart of your work are local people, including business, developers and residents and it’s important you consult with them. You’ll be required to have a firm grasp of all stakeholders’ needs and you’ll lead your service to build an even better borough for today and tomorrow.
- An experienced leader, you’ve shown you can deliver dynamic plans and corporate priorities in a complex, diverse, public sector organisation.
- You know how to build strategic partnerships that produce positive results.
- You’ll have a track record in leading creative programmes to enhance delivery of projects
- You’ll have a track record of delivering major capital build projects across different sectors
- You have a background (and ideally qualifications) in property and project management, (not necessarily a chartered surveyor) and significant expertise in property management
- A born team player, where collaboration and communication come naturally to you.
- You have the drive to solve problems, bring change and innovate.
- You’ll be resilient and able to work under pressure with conflicting priorities